The City of West Sacramento is commitment to environmental conservation through compliance with State law and the diversion of solid waste from landfills. In keeping with this commitment, the City Council adopted Municipal Code, Chapters 8.08.070 and 15.12.040, which require that a minimum of 65% of Construction and Demolition (C & D)debris generated on covered projects be diverted from landfill.
On January 1, 2017, Covered Projects include C & D projects meeting the following criteria:
* New construction, regardless of size or type.
* Demolition of a building or structure.
* All residential addition & alteration that increase a building's conditional area.
* All Non-residential additions & alterations.
A Construction and Demolition Debris Recycling Plan Part 1 must be submitted when applying for a building permit for a covered project to gain permit approval.
A Part 2 Construction and Demolition Debris Recycling Plan must be submitted at project completion along with all recycling and disposal documentation from each utilized disposal facility.
- Use this Part 2 form if your building permits begins with the number 16 or lower, or you were granted your building permit prior to the year 2017.
- Use this Part 2 form if your building permits begins with the number 17 or higher, or you applied for your building permit in the year 2017 or later.
If a subcontractor or subcontractors will be working on the project site, please complete and submit an Acknowledgment Form with all other necessary documentation at the end of the project.
The City of West Sacramento requests your cooperative compliance with all municipal codes and policies. Non-compliance may result in penalties. If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact the City of West Sacramento Environmental Services Division at (916) 617-4590.
The City requires a permit to haul C & D debris from covered project sites unless certain criteria are met. Please see Section 8.08.060 of Municipal Code, to learn if your project meets the conditions for self hauling. For a list of businesses currently permitted to haul C & D debris in West Sacramento click here. If your preferred debris hauler is not on this list, please ask that they contact the City at (916) 617-4590 to obtain the necessary hauling permit.